As stated above, retirement communities are located all across the US from small towns to big cities. For those who reside in and around Scottsdale, Arizona, there are literally a ton of choices when it pertains to this subject. First and foremost, Scottsdale, Arizona, is a popular city in Maricopa County. This particular municipality is actually a part of the Phoenix metropolitan area and up to 250,000 people call this place home. Literally and figuratively, this particular city is similar to an oasis in the desert. Scottsdale has many of the same amenities as other affluent cities. Its western boundaries border the city of Phoenix. Thanks to this close proximity, Scottsdale is basically ground zero for fun activities.
The reason for making such an in-depth statement about this Arizona-based municipality is that there are well-over 50 retirement communities from themanorvillageusa.com here. Yes, this is 100 percent correct. The retirement communities here are scattered throughout the city itself, which puts them in prime locations for outside entertainment. Scottsdale’s geographical region is actually 31 miles long and up to 11 miles wide at its widest point. In other words, this isn’t a tiny village. By having so many retirement communities or assisted living facilities, there are a number of fun activities that can be experienced by the family in this immediate area. Depending on the retirement community as well as the health of the facility’s resident, family members can take their loved ones out for some much needed fun in the sun. So, what exactly does Scottsdale have to offer and is it worth exploring? The answer to this question is rather easy because this city has an abundance of fine dining restaurants, shopping centers, recreational parks, quick-serve eateries, stunning mountain views, art galleries and golf courses. Of course, this only scratches the surface in totality.
Activities, Outings & Options
Just think about it for a second. This city is located in a region that’s known as “The Sun Valley” and The New York Times has labelled this place as the desert version of Miami’s South Beach. Lets get a closure look at some of the fun things that this city has to offer.
1. The Main Street Arts District is definitely a point of interest, and it’s located in downtown. Old Scottsdale is a great place to stroll along and take in some sights. There are plenty of art galleries as well as small museums. Some of the art galleries offer free wine and snacks. Small shops line the district’s streets. There are plenty of parking areas in this particular region and try to come late in the afternoon when the temperature is much cooler.
2. The Comedy Spot is another fun and exciting place to visit. This particular comedy club is known as a hole-in-the-wall spot thanks to its small, unsophisticated style. The Comedy Spot offers a two-drink minimum as well as plenty of snacks. Many of the comedians will even interact with the audience for some extra roasting. The Comedy Spot is also located in the downtown district.
3. Special Eventsare always on tap when you visit Scottsdale, Arizona. Depending on the actual day, this city has planned events all year long. There is a huge Labor Day celebration where thousands of people tend to enjoy each others company. Live music, great food and fraternization among the people is always a trending topic. To top things off, the Labor Day celebration concludes with a brilliant fireworks show. For the baseball lovers, if you’re in town during the springtime, then you could enjoy some springtime, baseball training. Scottsdale Stadium is ground zero for getting an up close and personal viewing of the players, and you’ll enjoy meeting other like minded individuals while snacking on great food and drinks. Salt River Fields is another exceptional location with its perfectly manicured lawn. Make sure to bring a blanket for claiming your spot on the grass. Salt River Fields offers many refreshments, and it provides ice cream and a taco bar.
4. Davis Circus of Illusions is for the magic lovers, and it puts on extravagant shows between May 1 – September 22. This particular show is a fan-favorite among people of all ages, and its mind-blowing illusions are the cream of the crop when it comes to this show. Spectacular feats such as extravagant juggling acts and side-splitting comedy are always awaiting the public’s acceptance. The price for attending this show is generally between $38 – $48. The general public can enjoy this mystifying show at the Cattle Track, which is located on 6105 N. Cattle Track Road.
5. Bristle Bush Bar & Grille provides the ultimate eating experience thanks to its modern gastro pub-style menu. Every single ingredient is locally grown to perfection. Bristle Bush Bar & Grille is big and airy in size, which gives its customers panoramic views from all angles. Snack foods, salads and appetizers are in abundance, but the bar’s main food item is its skirt steak tacos. This bar is actually located in the Westin Kierland Golf Club.